Pages

Thursday, February 10, 2011

Marvel vs Capcom 3 special edition






Aight you nerds!! So, i fancy myself a gamer. I play everything but came up on fighting games and adventure games. I also fancy myself a comic head. So, when the Marvel vs Capcom series came out, it was an electronic wet dream, which came be dangerous, to me. I owned the second installation to this series on the Sega Dreamcast, a system so ahead of it's time (much like the Sega CD and Saga Channel were) that it failed. I still own my Dreamcast today, and it works. I digress however, the point i mean to make here is that when the announcement came that they were doing a 3rd game and then the visuals, i lost my mind. But i didn't rush out to pre-order. Nor did i think much of the possible special editions that most popular games get. I didn't even research it or think to speak to those in the know about it. WHY!!? i thought. It's rare that the special editions move me anyway. So i let it be. Kept tabs on the release date, and complained about the lack of "TRUE CAPCOM STYLED ART" for all the promo stuff i had seen.... Enter Alvin Lee. A well known master of illustration. If you don't know him, i am sure at some point if you are a gamer, especially in the Street Fighter realm, you have seen his work. If not the check here for recent works. He post a blog about a piece he had done for the game. I loved it and thought, "they should have had him do all the promo work and cover design". Next there is a post from him on how he just found out there was to be a Special Edition Tin case and cover with his art!!!! OH BOY!!! i thought. I rushed to the nearest store, to reserve my copy.... and what do you know.... they aren't selling them anymore. Just the boring old other covers..... sucks. But i reserved it anyway. Point being, stay up on your greatness. That's why you check this blog, lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment